The aim of the Special Children’s Christmas Party is to provide in excess of 1,400 children from all over Tasmania with a day they will never forget.
The children come from four major groups: Children who may be seriously ill, intellectually or physically impaired and also the underprivileged.
This year's event has evolved to be in line with the current COVID restrictions. Instead of a party, we be offering a Drive Thru event in both Launceston and Hobart. We will still be having a BBQ and refreshments available.
Of course, no Christmas Party is complete without Santa, he will be helping hand out the presents at the drive thru.
This is the 24th anniversary of the Party and working with our friends at Make-A-Wish® Australia
, so we want to make it one of the best day's ever for these brave children.
About Volunteering for the Party:
Your role for the day will be co-ordinated by your Activity Supervisor (to whom you will report to after registering and signing in).
We encourage you to be flexible and exercise initiative during the event.
We appreciate, value and depend heavily on all volunteers turning up on the day. Your responsibilities as a volunteer:
• All volunteers must report to the Volunteer Registration point to sign in from 9am.
• All volunteers MUST SHOW some form of identification. *Photo ID *Medicare card.
•We welcome your feedback, suggestions and recommendations as a result of your volunteer experience. Please provide comments to your Activity Supervisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please assist us to provide a safe, welcome and happy environment for all of our guests.
•Please wear sensible shoes (no thongs) and if you have a Christmas Party TShirt from previous years, bring that. If not, hi vis shirts are preferred. We do have some available.
• Keep yourself hydrated.
• Please do not use your mobile phone while on duty unless in an emergency.
• Smokers, for the parents there will be a designated area however we ask that you have your cigarette break out of view of the public. Please keep the area clean and tidy and use the ashtrays provided.
• It is advisable not to bring valuables to the event as we don’t provide lockers.