The aim of the Special Children’s Christmas Party is to provide up to 5,000 children from all over the region with a day they will never forget.
The children come from four major groups: Children who may be seriously ill, intellectually or physically impaired and also the underprivileged. The Party is not open to the public but to all Sponsors and the children and their families. We are expecting approximately 7,000 – 9,000 people.
We put on a free day including lunch, drinks, fruit, lollies, ice creams and chips and a three hour live stage show. Other entertainment for the children includes face painting, rides, interactive displays and much more.
Of course no Christmas party is complete without Santa Claus. Each child will receive at least two or three high quality presents.
The Party has been running for over 20 years and we want to make it one of the best day's ever for these brave children.
This year's Party will be held in the Grand Pavilion at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse
on Tuesday 15th December. About Volunteering for the Party:
Your role for the day will be co-ordinated by your Activity Supervisor (to whom you will report to after registering and signing in).
We encourage you to be flexible and exercise initiative during the busy 4 hours of this event.
We appreciate, value and depend heavily on all volunteers turning up on the day. Your responsibilities as a volunteer:
• You must wear your Christmas Party T-shirt, name badge at all times.
• All volunteers must report to the Volunteer Registration point to sign in from 9am.
• All volunteers MUST SHOW some form of identification. *Photo ID *Medicare card.
•We welcome your feedback, suggestions and recommendations as a result of your volunteer experience. Please provide comments to your Activity Supervisor or email email@example.com
• Please assist us to provide a safe, welcome and happy environment for all of our guests.
•Please wear sensible shoes (no thongs).
• Keep yourself hydrated.
• Please do not use your mobile phone while on duty unless in an emergency.
• Smokers, for the parents there will be a designated area however we ask that you have your cigarette break out of view of the public. Please keep the area clean and tidy and use the ashtrays provided.
• It is advisable not to bring valuables to the event as we don’t provide lockers.